In the Secondary School, the New Zealand National Curriculum is followed. For more information on the outcomes and qualifications associated with the curriculum, please visit the NZQA website:
As a Christian school, we bring certain Christian assumptions to our academics in all subjects. The most important are as follows:
- That God is Author and Sustainer of all, and that mankind is made in His image.
- That God is moral and righteous, that mankind’s natural state is to be alienated from Him because of sin, but that the broken relationship may be restored through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- That God may and should be known, and that ignorance of Him is to some extent willful ignorance. (Romans 1:18,19)
- That we are ultimately responsible to Him, and must answer for the way we have lived and the use made of our God-given abilities.
- That real life can only be found in knowing God and His Son Jesus Christ, (John 17:3).
- That real satisfaction can only be known in doing His Will (John 4:34).
- That God’s general and particular will may be discovered through the prayerful and obedient consideration of the Scriptures, which centre on Jesus Christ.
- That the key to happiness and fulfillment is selflessness, not selfishness and that in essence God’s commands are for us to love Him with our whole being, and our neighbours and ourselves (Luke 10:27).